Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back from Portland

Now I'm back from Art and Soul in Portland, OR, and I took absolutely NO pictures of the event!  Too busy teaching.  After teaching I spent the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle, who took me to Xico for dinner one night, and I took them to Biwa another night, Mexican and Japanese respectively.  I got a lovely walk in at Oaks Bottom wildlife refuge, and two yoga classes at Sellwood Yoga.
From Xico's Web Site

Biwa's Interior
Here are a few of the samples I made in Portland:
Monoprint Collage

Monoprint Collage

Layering with Transparencies

Layering with Transparencies

Layering with Transparencies
Next year's Art and Soul event in Portland is in April.  It is now open for registration.  I will be teaching:
Layering with Transparencies
The Art of the Postcard
Working in Series
Layers and Textures
Balancing Opposites - the Yin and Yang of Composition
Monoprint Collage

In the meantime, I am teaching a weekend workshop at the Rowe Center, in MA, which you can read about here.   It is filling fast, so register soon if you are interested.

Also, Art and Soul in Kansas City is coming up in March, where I'm teaching:
Layering with Transparencies
The Art of the Postcard
Abstract Landscape
Layers and  Textures
Stencils and Masks

I am taking a little breather before my online workshops start next week, Keys to Dynamic Composition and Text and Image. 

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Great new Portland works, Jane! I was at Art and Soul only one day, not a day you were there. What a beautiful location right on the Columbia River. Love the colors in the photo taken at the Mexican restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! Hope you had a great time at Art and Soul. Yes, it is a lovely location. Marilyn said she'd had lunch with you - she took two of my classes. There were several others from our Whidbey Island workshop.

      Delete
  2. Oh Jane! I love all the art you posted here from Portland - great work! Are these the kinds of things you also teach in your online workshops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't teach the same content in online and live workshops, though there is a little overlap in some of the exercises (a VERY little). My approach to teaching, of course, is the same. Take a look at my online courses (in the top menu on this blog). I do add new online courses occasionally, but they are fairly involved, so I don't have a lot of them.

      Delete
  3. Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but you're on my calendar for next year in Portland! I want to take one of everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I especially love the first and second ones. The others are more mysterious though!
    Oh how I wish my traveling days weren't over!!
    Thanks for posting.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!