Monday, July 30, 2012

Random Arts in North Carolina

I've heard much about the very active art scene in North Carolina - the Asheville area in particular - and met many people from that area on my blog and in my classes.  So I am DELIGHTED to be teaching at Random Arts in September!!  One of my blog readers from Asheville, Lynn, whose blog is here, just asked me directly if I would come and teach in the area, and sent a list of possible venues.  Random Arts is in Saluda, NC, about half an hour outside of Asheville.

Friday, September 7: Unlocking The Secrets of Color


Saturday, September 8: Scribble Collage

Using hand-painted papers to create an abstract collage

Sunday, September 9: Unbinding the Visual Journal

A page spread in my visual journal

Workshops are 10:00 - 4:30; fee is $110.  Click here to contact Random Arts for registration.
The Saluda Mountain Lodge has very reasonable rates and a free shuttle to get you to class.

6 comments:

  1. too bad i won't be anywhere near there. Montana is a long ways away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go - about 5 hours from Asheville - have to see if I can swing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do hope you can make it. It would be great to meet you in person!

      Delete
  3. Hello! I am really looking forward to the workshops!!! So glad you can come teach in this area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seems to be such a great community of artists in that part of the country. Like Michelle I am all the way on the other side of the country. Your classes look like they would be a lot of fun to take!

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!